DRAMeXchange - Price, Transactions, and research inside DRAM/Flash industry

It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:02 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Robots Take the Wheel as Autonomous Farm Machines Hit Fields
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:00 pm 

Robots Take the Wheel as Autonomous Farm Machines Hit Fields

The first fully autonomous farm equipment is becoming commercially available, which means machines will be able to completely take over a multitude of tasks. Tractors will drive with no farmer in the cab, Robotic Arm Manufacturer and specialized equipment will be able to spray, plant, plow and weed cropland. And it’s all happening well before many analysts had predicted thanks to small startups in Canada and Australia.

While industry leaders Deere & Co. and CNH Industrial NV haven’t said when they’ll release similar offerings, Saskatchewan’s Dot Technology Corp. has already sold some so-called power platforms for fully mechanized spring planting. In Australia, SwarmFarm Robotics is leasing weed-killing robots that can also do tasks like mow and spread. The companies say their machines are smaller and smarter than the gigantic machinery they aim to replace.

Sam Bradford, a farm manager at Arcturus Downs in Australia’s Queensland state, was an early adopter as part of a pilot program for SwarmFarm last year. He used four robots, each about the size of a truck, to kill weeds.

In years past, Bradford had used a 120-foot wide, 16-ton spraying machine that “looks like a massive praying mantis.” It would blanket the field in chemicals, he said.

But the robots were more precise. They distinguished the dull brown color of the farm’s paddock from green foliage, and targeted chemicals directly at the weeds. It’s a task the farm does two to three times a year over 20,000 acres. With the robots, Bradford said he can save 80% of his chemical costs.

“The savings on chemicals is huge, but there’s also savings for the environment from using less chemicals and you’re also getting a better result in the end,” said Bradford, who’s run the farm for about 10 years. Surrounding rivers run out to the Great Barrier Reef off Australia’s eastern cost, making the farm particularly sensitive over its use of chemicals, he said.

Costs savings have become especially crucial as a multi-year rout for prices depresses farm incomes and tightens margins. The Bloomberg Grains Spot Index is down more than 50% since its peak in 2012. Meanwhile, advances in seed technology, fertilizers and other crop inputs has led to soaring yields and oversupply. Producers are eager to find any edge possible at a time when the U.S.-China trade war is disrupting the usual flow of agriculture exports.

Farmers need to get to the next level of profitability and efficiency in farming, and “we’ve lost sight of that with engineering that doesn’t match the agronomy,” said SwarmFarm’s Chief Executive Officer Andrew Bate. “Robots flip that on its head. What’s driving adoption in agriculture is better farming systems and better ways to grow crops.”

Post subject: Re: Robots Take the Wheel as Autonomous Farm Machines Hit Fields
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 am 

This technology is used to treat medical marijuana fields. This business has become not only popular, but also absorbed the most advanced methods of work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:56 pm 

I heard in the news that the number of farmers for growing cannabis has greatly increased)) Nevertheless, I prefer to buy a finished product devoid of psychoactive substances - https://naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/blog/cbd-co2-extraction/. Precisely CBD oil became a revolution in the world of herbal medicines. This is the best pain medicine for me and my family now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:12 pm 

it was a brilliant opportunity to visit this sort of site and I am cheerful to know. much obliged to you such a great amount for allowing us to have this open door.
https://www.collegeessayassistance.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:18 pm 

camilla wrote:
I heard in the news that the number of farmers for growing cannabis has greatly increased)) Nevertheless, I prefer to buy a finished product devoid of psychoactive substances - https://naturalwellnesscbdoil.com/blog/cbd-co2-extraction/. Precisely CBD oil became a revolution in the world of herbal medicines. This is the best pain medicine for me and my family now.

What is the country manufacturer? I do use Canadian cbd oil, but never take it with food, just to re-fill my cbd cartridges for imini vaporizer . And yes, I enjoy the latest trend of growing cannabis popularity, too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:44 pm 

I also enjoy reading the comments,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:20 pm 

Drame exchange has a research articles and transactions on flash industries work. It has answered and unanswered forums of flash card and also you can get best essay writing service to write your task easily. You can make new post on it as well. Join them.