DRAMeXchange - Price, Transactions, and research inside DRAM/Flash industry

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: He did some manual therapy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am 

My wife Erin is a source of much personal frustration. The frustration doesn’t stem from any particular aspect of our relationship (thank goodness!), rather I am frustrated with her as a runner. I just can’t seem to fix her.I have to be honest – my wife was a serious runner long before I ever was. In fact, she was a runner when I first met her in college. However, she runs for very different reasons than I now do – she’s not competitive, she hates racing, Nike Roshe Run Womens and she’s quite happy just to do her standard 3 miles www.saltylemon.nl as a way to relax and cut loose for a bit.The problem with my wife is that for the past several years she has not been able to run consistently. We’re not sure exactly when her problems started, but we think it was sometime after her second pregnancy. She started having right “hip” pain after runs, and it got progressively worse to the point where she was ready to give up the sport altogether in late Fall of 2010.I knew from filming her form that she was a horrific overstrider, and she has issues stabilizing her right foot due to a large bunion on that side (she may kill me for divulging this, but all in the name of education!). At the time she was running in traditional shoes and Nike Free 5.0’s (the old version from a few years ago), and the Free’s were caving medially in Adidas Superstar Womens a big way on the right. I thought maybe the combo of bad Nike Air Vapormax Womens form and problematic shoes might have something to do with it. She thought maybe it was caused by holding our son on one side all the time (quite possible). I wondered if maybe it also had something to do with her yoga practice (it was made very clear to me that stopping yoga was not an option). If the alterative was not running at all, I suggested we try rebuilding her from from the ground up.I bought Erin a pair of hot pink Vibram Fivefingers and put her on an extremely gradual buildup on the treadmill during the winter of 2010-2011. All was going really well – she was running pain-free on the treadmill, and she didn’t seem to be having much trouble adapting to the minimal shoes. This was very encouraging to both of us.Unfortunately, Adidas ZX 700 Mujer problems with the hip started to re-appear Nike Air Max 95 Dames when she started running outside again in the Spring. She continued running sporadically, but never in complete comfort. It was clear that whatever was causing the problem was ticked off by the move from the treadmill to running outdoors. I wondered if maybe trying a minimal shoe with a bit more cushion might help. That turned out to be a mistake – one run in a new pair of transitional cushioned shoes and she was in worse pain than ever. She called me a fraud of a shoe expert, and any running shoe with significant cushion now scared her.Toward the end of 2011 (I think) she went to see my friend Brett who had developed a reputation for success in treating local runners with various injuries. He did some manual therapy and identified a few problem spots. The gluteus medius seemed Adidas ZX Flux Femme to be the problem on the right side, along with a Nike Air Max 90 Femme ligament issue in the pelvis and some tightness in the quadratus lumborum. Manual therapy seemed to help, but the pain jumped around from place to place for quite a long time. She continued to run, but still experienced hip area pain most of the time. What finally seemed to help was Brett’s suggestion to start incorporating sets of walking lunges at the end of each run. Her pain started to progressively lessen and we though we might be onto something.
As seems to happen so often with somebody who is injury prone, it wasn’t long before another problem cropped up. Erin had gone for a run on the trails behind our house and came back complaining that her foot hurt. She said she stepped on a rock awkwardly and I worried that maybe she had broken something in her foot (she was wearing Nike Air Huarache Womens trail shoes with a rock plate…go figure!). Over the Nike Air Max 90 Mens ensuing weeks and months the foot pain would crop up any time she walked a long distance or ran, and I began to fear that she had a stress fracture. She had X-Rays which came back negative, went a period of about 5 weeks without running, and when she came back to it after the time off the pain immediately returned in her foot.