DRAMeXchange - Price, Transactions, and research inside DRAM/Flash industry

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: "Exactly what the memes attracted"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:17 pm 

"When I first pitched it to the community over Twitch, I had been anticipating a small response," West says. "Because when you are revealing best-in-slot items, you've either got no answer --which is what you are aiming for really because so they are happy--or else you receive an extremely loud response that, as we've all seen on RS gold Reddit, is what happened. Obviously, what I didn't anticipate was for a different artist to pop in. However, when Legend_Arts posted his concept where he made it shiny and bright, it made like 10,000 upvotes on Reddit, which is why I subsequently went onto the livestream to let them watch me build it."

"It was almost like a collaborative strategy," says neighborhood manager"Mod Ayiza." "It's a much more favorable position to be in than everyone just complaining and shouting. We were lucky. Sure, there were a few memes here and there, and they were fairly good. But exactly what the memes attracted, that was so good about this example, was real individuals who really wanted to put together good layouts. As much as there were memes, the fantastic suggestions that people liked weren't overshadowed."

Legend_Arts submitted his hybrid armor on April 9. The identical day, West chose some player-made theories to use. Two days later, he staged the procedure for turning the most popular ones into in-game models. Two days after that, he shared a few variations full with surveys to once again let players form the armor. And he wasn't just spitballing. Players supplied the alloy, and Jagex is hammering it into shape.

"What I worked on a week will be the first design the players enjoyed," West says. But by that point I would already set out to create both, so what I am gonna do is create the other group in-game and we'll have an official poll so they can finally decide which one they need. I don't really mind that one wins. I enjoy the one players suggested."

For many the memes, the Justicar armor fiasco is a superb example of the benefits of a player-inclusive strategy, especially for the MMO. Sure, some Old School gamers just want to watch the world burn off, but most truly wish to help improve the game. In cases like this, they weren't happy, they offered ideas, and because Jagex acted on buy RuneScape gold them, everybody is becoming a better raid.

"It gives them more power to form their match, which I am all for. Being recognized that manner by the devs is excellent, it brings the community into the dev side. ... A lot of opinions were questioning how it seems to be an artist becoming a lot of frank criticism, and that I feel like that is the things you learn from. If you're likely to dismiss negative criticism, you may as well ignore all criticism.

The term"noob" comes from the word"newbie", meaning fresh and inexperienced but Runescape gave it a negative spiritby which makes noob just a phrase intended to separate the players that aren't good or just to taunt other Runescapers. Being called a noob does not necessarily signify that you are one, but if you discover a pattern or fail to do matters mentioned in the following article, then... I'm sorry my friend, but you're a n00b. Don't eliminate confidence or do not get discouraged, this manual is here to help out and prevent.

Be friendly to other people and do not get personal.If you get called a noob, do not take it personally. This is just a game, not real life, so you need to be able to look beyond taunts or even disputes. They are a minority, most of the players are keen to help out and very friendly, but bad behavior could hamper their presence. Attempt to stay humble and absorb knowledge prior to flaming or taunting individuals in duels. Once you get in the swing of things, playing could become a lot easier.