DRAMeXchange - Price, Transactions, and research inside DRAM/Flash industry

It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:07 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Starting Importing/Exporting/Trading Semiconductors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:02 am 

Hi, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I don't know about the semiconductor industry much beyond very basic, everyday information. I lived overseas in Japan for a couple years and ended up leaving because I wasn't getting anywhere career-wise. I'm currently managing rental properties back in the states, but I would like to be back overseas and travel a bit. I started looking at getting into some sort of trading business, but honed in on semiconductors because I noticed there is a lot of fabrication and assorted stuff going on with Japan and Korea, two countries I already know and would like to stay in, as opposed to less developed countries.

Extremely broad question: how can I get started on this? I don't need to earn income at first as I'm generating enough from my current assets. So it's fine if I go work as an agent for someone inspecting products/facilities and building relationships. I just don't know where to start.

Maybe this is a dumb/ignorant/naive question, but I figured asking was better than saying nothing. The worst would be me being made fun of or told no.

Post subject: Re: Starting Importing/Exporting/Trading Semiconductors
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:46 am 

bump