DRAMeXchange - Price, Transactions, and research inside DRAM/Flash industry

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Article Lexar: NAND and Intel
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:09 am 

Intel buying - not making - some flash chips
Intel getting NAND memory from third parties as it struggles to adapt to shifting demand in flash market
Adventure62,

This article may answer some of your questions regarding Intel and the NAND flash market.
B+

"I am sure, samsung and even intel will be interested in these patents. Intel may just buy Lexar to get into flash business and fight with samsung. Intel is opening three new factories, does anyone know what they will be making ?. Lexar is a good candidate for Intel at this price level."

By Dan Nystedt, IDG News Service
April 13, 2005

TAIPEI -- Intel is procuring NAND flash memory from third-party suppliers to include in its chip packages, a company executive said Tuesday, a sign of how the chip maker is struggling to adapt to shifting demand patterns in the flash memory market.

"We are procuring NAND like we would procure RAM" to package with Intel (Profile, Products, Articles) chips and sell to some cellular phone companies, said Troy Winslow, flash memory marketing manager for Intel Asia Pacific, at the Intel Developer Forum in Taipei.

Some mobile phone makers have turned to NAND flash memory for its greater per-chip capacity, as next generation phones add cameras, music players, and other storage intensive functions, industry analysts say. The trend is a threat to NOR flash, traditionally the main type of memory chip used in mobile phones and Intel's mainstay offering in the flash market.

Post subject: Re: Article Lexar: NAND and Intel
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:47 pm 

No matter what, I would choose Intel. I've been using their hardware since the day I started working at customwriting.com, and it was always a pleasure. No problems at all!